SPLAIUL TUDOR VLADIMIRESCU NO. 12
Pos. 63, code TM-II-s-B-06098_ the Site of urban "Old Neighborhood of Iosefin"
The Franz Marschall Palace was built between 1903-1904, among Elisabetin (Erzsébetváros) and Iosefin (Józsefváros) districts. The architectural plans were made by the local architect Martin Gemeinhardt- a pioneer of Szecesszió style (from the “floral” phase to the current). The building`s commanders were the Marschall family, a wealthy family of the city. Ferenc Marschall (1887-1970) was the Minister of Agriculture in the Kingdom of Hungary in 1938. The facade with Neo-Gothic elements, reinterpreted in the Art Nouveau style are preserved only partially until today. The position towards the former Fortress has promoted the Palace as one of the city`s flagship buildings.
Photo credit by: Daliana Iacobescu